Basic Life Support (BLS) Course
OPEN FOR REGISTRATION:
17 DECEMBER 2023
21 JANUARY 2024
Click here to register
WHY YOU SHOULD LEARN CPR?
Anyone can learn CPR - and everyone should! Most people who experience cardiac arrest at home, work or in a public location die because they don't receive immediate CPR from someone on the scene. As a bystander, don't be afraid. Your actions can only help. If you don't know CPR, perhaps it's time to learn.
Performing CPR will require some extent of physical exertion. Therefore, this event may not be suitable for:
- Women in late stage of pregnancy
- Those with back, arm or knee injuries that will hinder one from kneeling or performing chest compressions
Being trained in CPR provides the knowledge, confidence and skills to stay calm in a medical emergency and help a person in need. Individuals certified in CPR are prepared to make a difference in their community by being ready to jump into action anywhere a cardiac arrest happens.
What's the Difference Between BLS and CPR certification?
CPR is an emergency life-saving procedure performed on people with cardiac arrest. Whereas Basic Life Support (BLS) includes CPR but is an overall higher level of medical care typically administered by public safety professionals, first responders, paramedics, healthcare providers and qualified bystanders. CPR is taught in BLS certification classes, but since BLS certification is intended for healthcare professionals, the class is more in-depth than the traditional CPR training. Not everyone needs to get certified in BLS since most of the time CPR certification will be enough to provide lifesaving care in offices, schools and other safe environments.
Which Certification Should I Get?
This depends on your reason for getting a certification. If you want to feel more prepared in emergencies, traditional CPR certification is a great idea. If your job requires a certification, most of the time CPR certification will meet job requirements (better yet, check with them on the specific requirements!). If you're in healthcare field, a BLS certification is most appropriate.
Check out our Hands-Only CPR Course here: Click link
Venue: Menara Suezcap 1, KL Gateway (view map)
- Course conducted according to the standards and latest 2020 American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care recommendations for healthcare providers
- Examination/ Assessment at the end of the course
- Certificate of completion upon passing the exam (theory & practical, SAME DAY)
- Course material will be provided to confirmed participants prior to course, for self-study (softcopy via email)
- Registration will only be confirmed upon the receipt of FULL registration fees
- Maximum 20 participants per session - 1 person to 1 manikin
- Course will be conducted by certified BLS instructors (language: Malay & English)
- At this stage we do not provide re-certification course, only full course (9.00am - 5.00pm) is available
- Please note that NHAM is NOT a AHA Training Centre, therefore our certificate is only recognised in our local settings (Malaysia) and not internationally (for work requirement please check with the relevant body)
Intended to be for anyone who needs to know the basic principles of CPR, AED usage and other primary methods of lifesaving skills. While BLS is often required for medical professionals, BLS/ CPR courses are commonly completed by laypersons (teachers, coaches, lifeguards, babysitters, caregivers etc.). Having some medical knowledge is helpful but it's not necessarily required for BLS.
Fee (normal registration fee) is RM 350/person, inclusive of training materials. Early Bird Fee and Group Registration Fee available. Meal is not provided.
Course will cover infant CPR, adult CPR, infant choking, adult choking and AED usage according to the AHA 2020 Guidelines.
Successful Completion of Course
To be awarded the Certificate of Completion (valid for two years), you MUST fulfill the following conditions:
- Demonstrate competent BLS skills in all BLS modules skills testing
- Achieve a minimum score of 90% in the 40 questions MCQ test (online test, require mobile device to scan QR)
- Attend at least 45 minutes of the theory lecture
No Certificate of Completion will be awarded if you do not fulfill any of the above conditions.
CPD Points Accreditation
8 CPD Points will be awarded to Registered Medical Practitioners (Doctors) by MMA-CPD.
For other Allied Health Practitioners (nurse, assistant medical officer etc.) please do your usual CPD submission via related bodies by submitting the certificate provided at the end of the course.
Complete the registration form online (link below) and payment should be made before training to confirm your registration. Upon confirmation a download link to reading material will be provided to you via email. PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED, WE DO NOT ACCEPT WALK-INS. Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of full payment.
Payment accepted via cheque OR online transfer only. LPO/LO not accepted.
Fees paid are non-refundable for cancellation of registration. Postponement to next course can only be done up to maximum of two consecutive dates by giving prior notice to secretariat.
Registered participants who are unable to attend may send a replacement at no extra charge, provided that they inform the secretariat within 1 week before the course date. Any later than that / no-show will be considered as absent/ cancelled and no refunds will be issued.
Group discount is applicable for registration of minimum 5 participants in one group, not necessarily sharing the same course date @RM 250/person (Note: This discount is applicable for training done at our premise only)
On-site Training (Company)
On-site training is available upon request, minimum of 30 participants (will incur additional charges). **early bird and group registration rate not applicable
Register now to secure your seat:
Click here to register