Basic Life Support (BLS) Course
WHY YOU SHOULD LEARN CPR?
Anyone can learn CPR - and everyone should! Most people who experience cardiac arrest at home, work or in a public location die because they don't receive immediate CPR from someone on the scene. As a bystander, don't be afraid. Your actions can only help. If you don't know CPR, perhaps it's time to learn.
Performing CPR will require some extent of physical exertion. Therefore, this event may not be suitable for:
- Women in late stage of pregnancy
- Those with back, arm or knee injuries that will hinder one from kneeling or performing chest compressions
Basic Difference between ACLS and BLS: Both posses the same objective - learning the proper techniques to aid in saving the life of someone in cardiac arrest. BLS is intended for medical professionals and laypersons - anyone who needs to know the basic principles of CPR, AED usage and other primary methods of lifesaving skills; whilst ACLS is designed specifically for healthcare professionals. BLS is often performed in out-of-hospital situations, and may not always be performed by a healthcare professional.
It is common for ACLS participants to have completed a BLS Certification prior to beginning their ACLS course - and ACLS Certification courses often include a review of BLS course material. AT THIS STAGE WE DO NOT CONDUCT ACLS COURSE.
Venue: Menara Suezcap 1, KL Gateway (view map)
- Course conducted according to the standards and latest 2015 American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care recommendations for healthcare providers.
- Examination/ Assessment at the end of the course.
- Certificate of completion upon passing the exam (theory & practical).
- Course materials will be provided to confirmed participants prior to course, for self-study (download link via email, booklet will only be provided on the day of BLS training).
- Registration will only be confirmed upon the receipt of FULL registration fees.
- Minimum 8 participants per class. Maximum 20 participants.
- Course will be conducted by certified BLS instructors.
- At this stage we do not provide re-certification course, only full course (9.00am - 5.00pm) is available.
- Please note that NHAM is not a AHA Training Centre, therefore our certificate is only recognised in our local settings (Malaysia).
Intended to be for anyone who needs to know the basic principles of CPR, AED usage and other primary methods of lifesaving skills. While BLS is often required for medical professionals, BLS/ CPR courses are commonly completed by laypersons (teachers, coaches, lifeguards, babysitters, caregivers etc.). Having some medical knowledge is helpful but it's not necessarily required for BLS.
Fee is inclusive of training materials. Meal is not provided.
Course will cover infant CPR, adult CPR, infant choking, adult choking and AED usage.
Complete the registration form online (scroll below) and payment should be made before training to confirm your registration. Upon confirmation a download link to reading material will be provided to you via email. Hardcopy will be made available on training day.
Payment accepted via cheque / cash deposit / online transfer. Cut-off payment: 1 week prior to course.
Fees paid are non-refundable for cancellation of registration. Postponement to next course can only be done up to maximum of two consecutive dates.
Registered participants who are unable to attend may send a replacement at no extra charge, provided that they inform the secretariat within 1 week before the course date. Any later than that / no-show will be considered as absent/ cancelled.
Group discount is negotiable for registration of 20 participants and above.
On-site Training (Company)
On-site training is available upon request, minimum of 30 participants (may incur additional charges).
This is not a HRDF approved training programme. Participants and their sponsoring hospitals/ companies are to submit their own application for HRDF claim. We will however, provide the documents for HRDF claim application.
CPD Points Accreditation
6 CPD Points (A3) will be awarded to Registered Medical Practitioners (Doctors) by MMA-CPD; 6 CPD Points (A3) will be awarded to registered nurses by Nursing Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia. For other Allied Health Practitioners please do your usual CPD submission via related bodies.
Click on your preferred date below:
*future dates will be updated every three-monthly
How to register:
Registration for this course is via Google Form only. Fill in your information below:
Note: If the form above doesn't work, please copy paste this link on your browser to be directed to the Google Form: http://bit.ly/NHAM_BLS
Contact us at +603-7931 7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries!